Friday, October 28, 2011

2 Weeks From Today

All things look promising that in 2 weeks I won't be just going back to Brattleboro, but back to The Shire. Considering I've been here 5 weeks already, the next 2 will zoom right by. It's irritating that it'll still be another week and 3 days before the proclamation is made, because it'll be a last-minute scramble to get everything scheduled. But after all this, that's a pleasure, really.

There's a good piece in The Commons about the whole mess. Though it still seems very scrambled and I don't think anyone will ever know the truth. Our Town Manager said she'd written me a long email about policies and procedures but that I probably wasn't interested. I emailed back that yes, I'd love to read it. Still haven't gotten it.
http://www.commonsnews.org/site/site04/

This morning reports came in about a fire at another BHA place, the hi-rise on Elliot St. And of a car crash on the bridge downtown. For such a small place, it gets a lot of action. Especially this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_hTTRT89A

And so the cold comes, the snow will follow, and New England will bed itself down for the duration. Time for another cuppa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that put you home in time for Thanksgiving? How exciting....back in your own place and it's all new inside....Once everything is all set up, what is the very first thing you want to do?

Austan said...

Lawless- Yes! It puts me back in Bratt a week and 5 days before Turkey Day. I hope I'm settled in enough by December to decorate. I'm not looking for miracles, just to be able to throw a Holidays Party, even if it ends up being an Alka-Seltzer Brunch on New Year's Day. That's where my cap is set. It's all about the holidays once I'm in. ;)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I know how happy you must be knowing this saga will come to a good end soon. No matter all the crap that has gone on, you will be able to truly celebrate Thanksgiving.

We might get snow tomorrow also. I can't ever remember getting a storm this early. We haven't even gotten a frost yet and now they are predicting a possible few inches of that horrible white stuff. I am not ready for that. Monday it is supposed to go back to the 60's. It has been a crazy year weather wise.

Austan said...

Arleen- I don't care if we're eating off boxes, I'm having Thanksgiving.

Back in the early 80s I remember one Halloween with snow but the past few years have been freaky weatherwise. Spring and Fall seem only a monthlong anymore. It's either roasting or freezing and always wet.