Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting Closer to My Home...

Yesterday, a call for volunteers went up on iBrattleboro.com. Included was a request for people to help move 6 families back into their homes where I lived until August 27th. It said they were anticipating this move back, pending Certificates of Occupancy to be given on Friday.

This makes it somewhat official. They wouldn't post it on a public forum if it wasn't thisclose.

Little by little I'm packing up my stuff. The dvds and music, the books going home, the thingies I've left around... I avoided opening everything and unpacking so it wouldn't be a rush at the end.

Also been planning how to better arrange the furniture. It all just kind of happened in the first move in. This time I can plan on where things will live. And it's time to change the bathroom. The shower curtain I ordered to replace the ruined one came yesterday, and in the next months I'll get new towels (bless Amazon for bargains). Then the remnants of the old apartment with its gold fiberglass bathtub and gold/green/maroon accoutrements will be history.

It's a fresh start in some ways. A chance to put things in order, to make things better. A flood only comes through Bratt every hundred years or so. I don't expect to go through this again. ;)

4 comments:

CarrieBoo said...

Don't even say that! ;) Okay, now this is promising. Ms Shmeidi better not accidentally forget to tell you this week! I'm sure she won't if it's good news. Oh luvvie! Nearly there...

Austan said...

Carrie! It's so close I can smell The Shire. Oh please gods let this happen. It's been almost 2 months!

Anonymous said...

All fingers and all toes are crossed...scanning every so often to see if you have had the good news yet.... please please please....

Austan said...

Lawless, Thanks sweetie! Even crossing my eyes... So much to do, and the holidays are approaching... "Please ma, I wanna go home!"