Saturday, October 8, 2011

Give the Banks a Taste

Of what it's like to want.

Here's an idea whose time has come. In light of the new charges on debit transactions, lots of people are already considering leaving their big banksters and joining credit unions and small community banks. Now it's becoming an organized statement of protest. Take a gander at how Bank of America will make an additional new $3 BILLION in this if people actually stay banking with that all-consuming blob of a "bank":

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/kristen_christian_bank_boycott_bank_transfer_day_occupy_wall_street.php

And it's called for happening on November 5th. Guy Fawkes would be proud. Let's give them something to remember.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were forced to use the Credit Union at one time by the company I worked for. Our paycheques were deposited there. I found that they were far more expensive than the main line banks. I was never so glad to switch back.

Austan said...

Lawless- I was with big banks for years. Finally I got tired of their nonsense and found a local savings and loan and it's been a pleasure ever since. And they do good things for my community.

CarrieBoo said...

There's something to think about... A monopoly is a scary thing.

paulg said...

My wife's a big believer in Warren Buffet and thinks his getting involved in BoA will help.
I fear it may be Warren's last ride...

Go credit unions!