Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Day Without Blogging is Like a Day Without Blogging

Checked around just after midnight. What a bizarre thing to see Wiki'd taken their site down. Then I had to see what others were doing. Reddit was still up. iBrattleboro, up. Youtube, up. Google blacked out their logo. Ladies of the Lake put up a black page with links to find out about Sopa and to contact your Congresspeople. Then I got offline.

It was a good day offline, I may do it more often. I took the rest of the holiday hoohah down and made overdue phone calls. It's Day 17 of meat and greens. A few "This sucks!" moments lately but nothing that's thrown me. I'm making my own mayo and Caesar dressing so I know there's no hidden anything and they're all protein and fat and no filler or carbos. It's nice to wear my old rings again. My clothes are at that really comfortable stage (where everything is loose but just starting to look homey, a ridiculous look). Had a hard time swallowing romaine tonight, damn near choked. I think I'm dehydrated. Must remember to take vites. Am entirely sick of water and black coffee and teas. And need new animals. Yummy ones.
Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-l1HLj9Nk

We're celebrating K's birthday Saturday and it's a planned diet break. It'll be three or four days to get ketosis back afterward, but I'll get right back on the horse. 94 days to Greg. I'll lose one day but every day counts.

Meanwhile the world kept spinning.
Sign of the times
There's faith

There's hope
 
There's charity
 
He pays less tax than I ever have
 
I dreaded this would happen
 
Cuomo getting more like Christie every day
 
reasoned morality
 
I'll get up to speed on the current and catch up with everyones' blogs when I wake up later. It's cold and windy and bed calls my name. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how you were talking about peoples lights going out a couple of days ago? Well, your light was out yesterday and the world WAS a darker place. Also, I learned that it will be VERY painful if I have to give up the internet. Rats!!

Anonymous said...

Can you eat eggs on this diet? I'm thinking omelletes, quiche etc.

Austan said...

Aw, Lawless, you're one of the sweetest hearts on this planet.

Yeah, amazing to have it gone one day- when we lived how many decades without it!

Oh yeah, eggs are fine, but no pie crust so no quiche, and spinach and cheese in an omelet is okay but that's about it. 22 grams of carbs a day is limiting. And I try to keep that in reserve to eat a big romaine salad so I don't have to deal with laxatives...

CarrieBoo said...

I have to read this onesie's link... oh my.

I took the day off yesterday too. I figured that was my effort, and read instead. It is good to have a break every now and then. And you sure do realize how much you rely on the Internet. I didn't even know about S.O.P.A. until I searched something and clicked into Wiki, then I read your blog and Lawless's. If it wasn't for Wiki being down, I would never have been compelled to view that Corro's spoiler. :D But the plan worked, so kudos to their information spreading effort.

CarrieBoo said...

That article is hilarious... hahahhaaa.

Austan said...

I think I'll take a day off here and there. For one thing, it makes you see just how nuts the world is when you step out of it. And I have a lot to get done. The HUD inspection is the end of the month and I HAVE to get the bedroom in order.

A world of adults in onesies. I can't stand it.

Anonymous said...

Crustless Quiche
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

1/2 to 1 cup diced onion
1 - 16 oz. package frozen spinach - THAWED
Garlic to taste
8 large eggs
1/2 cup 2 % cottage cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste



Directions
Makes 8 servings (1/8 of a 9 X 13 baking dish)

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

Saute' onion & garlic, add thawed spinach and cook until most of the moisture is gone.

Blend eggs & cottage cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Add to spinach mixture along with two cups of cheddar cheese. Mix and pour into 9 X 13 greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes until done around edges and a little moist in the center.

Can be served hot or cold.

Number of Servings: 8

Austan said...

Thanks Lawless! That sounds yummy too. Too many hidden carbs, unfortunately. If I take out the onion, garlic and cottage cheese, and cut to measurable portions for individually cooking (even cheddar cheese has carbs, believe it or not) I can probably make it work.