Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Maybe, Perhaps, Possibly

There is a winter weather advisory issued for New England. We may get up to 6 inches, or it may be sleety-sneety-rain. This would be a boon to the ski resorts. So far it's been scarily bare. The coming weekend is a normally huge tourist weekend.

Two things make me take this seriously. First, the full moon. Storms are always bigger around the full moon. We're just starting to wane, so it's a tough call. Second, it's predicted as a two-day event. If it really is that much of a wallop, we just have to get some of it. Please. Let it snow.

You see, it's not just the ski industry that needs it. The ground plants need it. The ground itself needs it. The maple trees need it. Hell, all the trees need it. I haven't worked on a farm in 31 years, but I know the farmers are watching. You have to become a weather watcher if you farm; it can make or break you. We really don't need to lose anymore small independent farms in Vermont. So please, yes, bring the snow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're saying maybe, could be, for us too over the next two days. I know the farmers need it but every selfish bone in my body is screaming NO NO NO.

SarcasticTestGuy said...

I'm glad for your imminent snow; weather.com says in my neck of the woods the next couple of days are rain, rain, rain. Damn coast.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

We are getting drenching rain. Ok with me but the ski resorts and auto repair shops are suffering. No snow, no accidents, no replacing bumpers.

CarrieBoo said...

Yep, pouring rain today, and we're not even on the coast. I didn't know that snow helped certain kinds of plants, and farming. Huh.