Thursday, January 19, 2012

Unsolicited nor Paid for Recommendations

Huurah I'm online- for the moment anyway.
Two things I came across in my life lately that actually work. One I got for Christmas, Sugar Dipped Vanilla Body Cream by Carol's Daughter. Fabulous stuff. Since the heat's been on I'm drying out like filo on the counter. This goes on a little too creamy for my liking but it sinks right in and gives you soft healthy skin. Costs a bit. Totally worth it.

The second is the Zenith Tibet Almond Stick. After 3 moves this year my poor furniture, which is mostly wood, was scratched to hell. So the local hardware store recommended this strange little hundred-something year old product in a tin that was like, 2 bucks. A bizarre tube of cotton that makes scratches and scrapes disappear. What's to lose? It's magic. From some company in Addison, Ill. The whole of Sr. Clarissa's drawfronts are beautiful. I'm starting on the rest this weekend.

Okay, running away before they shut me down again.

6 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I must get that Zenith Tibet Almond Stick. I will try the local hardware store and if not there, the Internet. Some of my furniture could use a good rub and I have a table that could use a miracle.

Geo. said...

Zenith Tibet Almond Stick. Will that work on me?

Austan said...

Lawless, I'm never impressed. I'm impressed. Such an old product, still made, and still really good. And hello, cheap too!

I've been considering it, Geo. Meeting Greg in April and all... but I'll get a new stick.

Jenny Woolf said...

Never heard of Zenith Tibet Almond Stick. Sounds cool though. I once heard that if you rub a brazil nut on a scuff it can help get rid of it but I'd guess it's better to have something made for the purpose of nut oil.

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

And it's made in the USA !

Austan said...

Jenny- My Dad used to rub Brazil nuts on scuffs on his shoes (back when shoes were always leather). Must be something to it!

Stevil- and so is Carol's Daughter Body Cream. Nice to know there's still some manufacturing going on here. And good stuff it is!