Friday, January 27, 2012

I Shoulda Listened

Well, I dood it. Got halfway through shifting the boxes when my back said, "UP YOURS!" and went out. I'm not surprised. I won't be surprised if it forms a union and goes on strike for better working conditions either. United Vertebrae, local L2-4.

So this calls for short sitting periods and long laying-down periods.

My Gal Friday showed up bright and early and was in worse shape than me. So no, the bed's not moved, the closet's not shifted, and guess what? They'll just have to deal with it. There's nothing around the water heater and there's no "storage against the baseboard heaters". What do they freakin expect from us anyway, we're all disabled and/or old and we've only been back 10 weeks with the holidays in the middle of it. They can bite me. Really.

I could always leave the broom next to the door. Herman said that keeps people from coming in. I've never tried it but here's a good opportunity. They're going to places randomly; we don't know which homes or even what day next week they'll be in The Shire. Maybe I'll get to it, maybe not. Either way, I repeat, they can bite me.

Well, back to prone. pfft.

7 comments:

CarrieBoo said...

Oh no! Sounds like you've done more than enough (for you and them). Okay back, you win. For now...

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Ouch! Sorry about that.

A picture of a "lost boa constrictor" on your door would keep 'em away better than a broom.

Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Well that's a drag...take care and put a "quarantine" sign on your door. That should take care of things for a while. I guess those warning signals were for real eh?

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

Ah, join the circus of back pain.
I got a call from the home office of the (American sub-division of corporate)company to check on me -(back injury on Wednesday), and I said everything would be okay, it would just take time, and yes, I'll be back at work on Sunday. So of course, it's been getting worse as the day wears on.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Backs are bastards. My Beloved has spent the last 15 years in intermittent agony, but she never complains, exercises as much as she can and keeps taking the pharmaceuticals.
Stay flat, give it a rest. Hope it lets you back up so you can kick the next nosy bastard out the door.

Austan said...

Boo, Yes, for now. It generally takes 2 days to bounce back. I've plenty of reading. :)

Susan, Oh, that's a great idea!!! Thanks girl.

Lawless, Yep, and once again I should've listened to you. Is this a record?

Stevil, Join it? I've been a charter member since that muddy field hockey game in 1973.
The weather isn't helping.

TSB, They really are! Good on your Beloved for not caving in to it. I'd like to kick the next nosy bastard all right... one swift kick where it counts... "Oh, sorry, I have these strange muscle spasms."

SarcasticTestGuy said...

I've a long, long history of back issues (plus a birth defect or two down "in my Ls"). Like many others, I can empathize with you...which is pretty big for me :)

Get well quickly.