Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here We Go Again

Once again, I was in the middle of returning emails when Comcast went down. This time my modem's fine. But I can't get into my email for 2 hours now, and the message is "This webpage is busy". Whatever the hell that means or is supposed to be the cover for what the problem is, we'll never know.

At least I can still get here, for now. I'm going to try to get onto other sites. Honest to god, Comcast. Get your shit together. And don't tell me to email you again. I just said I can't get into my email.

What a way to run a business.

6 comments:

Geo. said...

The owner and ceo of Comcast is Brian L. Roberts. He is 13 years old, only a year younger than my doctor. His mom won't let him fix anything until he takes out the garbage, which he will put off long as possible. We must be patient.

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

Strangely, I hadn't been having problems with Comcast's service - right up until my computer suddenly showed up as being in Winchester, New Hampshire. Now my service is slower, web pages that loaded in the time it took the browser to open now take 20 or 30 seconds, etc. Then things go back to normal, only to slow down again. They're up to something, I tell ya. (Maybe they're upset we're not watching NBC?)

Anonymous said...

Do you seriously have no alternatives? Can't you go satellite with Shaw or some other carrier? This is so annoying.

Austan said...

Geo- That explains it, and cracks me up, too.

Stevil- what sticks in my craw is that one CSR told me there were no other reports of problems here, when I was watching the service truck being packed up and leaving right in front of my house. If there were no problems, what were they doing working on the pole?

Austan said...

We have a satellite service (part of Comcast) but can't get it here in the Shire. It's a monopoly. I wish we'd never left Nova Scotia!

Austan said...

Strider just sent me this, which is an epic tale of bravery:
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/in-which-i-fix-my-girlfriends-grandparents-wifi-and-am-hailed-as-a-conquering-hero?fb_ref=.Tx1sAZDY7Gk.like&fb_source=home_oneline