Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm Not Alone

Because I'm such a masochist (I blame the Episcopal upbringing) when Gal Friday said there were little cakes in the community room I said, "If they're small, please bring me one." So she did, a little 6" layer cake. I knew I had company coming so I thought, "well if I fail now, only 4 days in, I'll be ashamed so my pride won't let me." This is how I make myself do things. Cold turkey, head-on Viking stubbornness. Unless I test and torture myself it's not right. It uses my damning pride to keep me in line.

So yes, company came and guess what? Everyone's on a diet and going through sugar withdrawal after a very pigout holiday season. They hovered around the table where the cake was. Resistance was futile. The cake is gone. I have a bit of guilt. But I still have my damning pride.

Day 5 starts tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AlEvy0fJto

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it. Don't let the smell of sugar get to you. But...from now on, don't let the demon in.

Austan said...

Lawless, yep. One torture session is enough. I passed. Now leave it alone.