Thursday, January 5, 2012

Snow!!!

Finally, and likely not lastingly, it's snowing. Considering it's been trying for a couple of weeks but nothing stuck...well, it's nice to see. Normal. Really, we're in January in Vermont and still with the bare ground? That's not right.

You never know how it'll end. The snow began early this morning and there's only a sugar frosting out there now. The flakes are tiny, which some consider the kind that keeps coming down. The Weather Channel said it'd just be flurries. I've shovelled flurries before.

The sun is setting. With the energy-efficient security lights I won't be able to see much of what's falling soon. But I hope we wake up to a wintery fairyland.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your sake I hope so too and if there was any way to do it I would ship you all of our snow..really.

Austan said...

Thanks girl! And right now I'd take it! :D

SarcasticTestGuy said...

I'm jealous. Send some my way!

Austan said...

STG- am sending snow cloud thoughts your way. A NE winter with no snow is friggin scary!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

If you don't have to go out in it, watching the snow come down is one of the most beautiful scenes to experience. We have only had some flurries since the surprise snow of October and I can say that I am loving this warmer weather that has come our way.

I have not had the time to spend on blogger lately because I have had a house load of company . My daughter and her family from Ca just left today. Once I get myself and home organized, I will be back. Thanks for your concern, that was so sweet of you. I am doing fine, just a little exhausted from all the merriment and loads of dishes.
Arleen

Allyson said...

and you know, any other day, (since it hasn't snowed in dear old Maine since Thanksgiving) i'd be happy to wake up to snow covered ground. but today, yeah today, when i'm sposed to be driving south in a road-legal race car, um, well, they don't work so well in snow. so guess who isn't leaving until tomorrow. boooo.

i know, i know, quitcher bitchin. 75 and sunny coming up!! haha.

Austan said...

Arleen- Glad to know you're busy with love & stuff. :)

Al- WTF? It was all gone here this morning. This is your vacay it's eating up!