Thursday, March 24, 2011

Adam & Eve on a Raft and Wreck 'Em

The detox stomach goes on. I tried some soup yesterday and it ran thru me like a train. For the time being it seems I'm only able to digest certain things.

Right now, the detox stomach will accept the following: scrambled eggs and toast (as in the title), a plain sandwich of meat or cheese, meat or cheese by itself, some ice cream, baked goods (the sweets craving goes on) and chocolates. It seems I've developed a sensitivity to soft dairy as well, so cottage cheese is iffy and ice cream can only be eaten with a diphenhydramine chaser. Even the 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee makes me phlegmatic. Can't drink milk at all, which sucks. Or any fruit juice. Thank you Paula for the multi-vitamins or I'd have almost no incoming vitas at all. Who knows how long this will go on. I hope it's not permanent. I miss fruits and veggies. And summer is coming; it'll be really sad if I can't eat fruits or salads when it's produce season. Damned opiates.

Since I can't pack things much today I'm organizing what still has to be done. Lists, lists...

The manager of the new apartment will be here at noon and I'll sign the lease. I can't wait for this to be over and to be outta here. I got used to this place but I never liked it. In fact, I cried to have to move here. But it'll all be history as of next Saturday.

No comments: