Thursday, March 3, 2011

Detox Stomach Part Deux

Not that I care because I don't really, but I'm still not eating normally. In the last month I tried to eat a normal meal twice and let's just say it doesn't work. I can eat a couple of slices of cheese or a few crackers, a Rollo here and there, but that's it. I'm taking the vitamins Paula gave me for Xmas. I drink tons of water and at least 2 coffees a day, but nothing stays in my system foodwise.


This isn't concerning me yet. I have plenty to burn before becoming cadaverous or even Kate Moss. But the continually rebelling belly is annoying just because you can't get away from it.


Thing is, I know that I'm sitting here with plenty of food- I've been giving food away for a week- that I can't eat. And all over this earth are people with no food who'd be so happy to have all I do. The irony alone makes me ill.


But it brings to mind 2 things this morning as I sip my coffee and stare out at an uncertain March day.

1. My mother saying, "Eat your food. There are starving children in China."

2. Robert Burns' Grace: "Some hae meat and cannae eat and some would eat that want it; but we hae meat and we can eat so let the Lord be thankit."


I'm learning a lot in all of this.

No comments: