Saturday, March 19, 2011

ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

Everyone's going through things. Big changes. Deaths, wars, natural disasters, relocations. I think (or maybe just hope) that people are starting to realize we're all in this La Brea Tarpit together and maybe if we stop struggling and cooperate we'll survive. The only way to do it is together; we won't survive each other if we stay self-centered. Maybe that's why I hate capitalism so much. The dog eat dog nature of the capitalist model is anathema to the philosophies and religions I was raised with. The love of money is the root of all evil. Anyone remember that? Or how about "what you do to the least of my brothers you do also to me"?

We need change. It won't be overnight and there will always be greedy scum who have no scruples. But that's why we need rules. To keep things fair for everyone. The rules have always been in favor of the rich and that needs to change. Get ready. It's coming.

No comments: