Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Up With the Cows

I've been awake since 2 a.m. and finally gave up trying to go back to sleep. Just a couple of miles away, cows and farmers are starting the day, too. In the middle of the night silence of downtown I still remember the morning mooing when I worked on Foster's farm. Those cows would get restless waiting for us to get things done and put out some cranky wake up moos. To my ears. it's the best morning music there is.

The snow that fell is all but gone. That's Spring; we'll probably get more before it gives up.

It's pretty painful today, I must say. Though people say what I'm taking (Aleve and diphenhydramine) are so little pain management I may as well throw 'em at my head, if I don't take them I Really feel it. Staying this side of white hot pain is all I ask anymore. If it gets that painful I can't ignore it, or even pretend to ignore it.

Around the world, Syrians are still in the streets. Qaddafi says he's going to fight to the end. Libyan rebels are holding their own and looking to take Tripoli, since "allied forces" have intervened to help them. The situation in Japan gets no better. Radiation is in everything. They tell people to wear masks but that's obviously a gesture, maybe to keep from inhaling cement dust and other particles from the earthquake damage. But from radiation? Ya gotta be kidding me.

And finally, my thought for the day; Those Who Can, Do. Those Who Can't Become Management.

No comments: