Saturday, March 19, 2011

Town Meeting Day

Today was our town's Representative Town Meeting, where the budget and various other issues are voted on. I miss being a TM Rep. 100-something of our town's most interested people showed up to do their duties. 8 hours and 25 articles later, it's all over til next time. It's always memorable. There's a blow-by-blow account at
http://www.ibrattleboro.com/article.php/20110318225535604

When emailing a Rep, I suddenly realized I'm leaving my beloved District 3. I damn nearly cried. I've served from this District. I know the people and the Legislator here. I do love this place. But it's time to look at greener pastures, quite literally. And who knows what troubles I can start in a whole new District. I have 2 good friends over there already...

The Great Success of the day was that I ate twice. I woke up so hungry I couldn't not eat. Throwing caution to the wind, I ate a turkey sandwich. It stayed. 8 hours later I was hungry again so I made another sandwich. I feel very full. Kind of urpy. But nothing is acting up badly. Maybe the detox stomach hell is over? Not pushing it. No fruits or veggies are getting near me for a while yet. One day out of 7 weeks isn't a trend. We'll see.

I'm going to sign off for the day and go watch the LOTR til I drop from exhaustion.

No comments: