Monday, March 7, 2011

Puzzlement

I awoke to 3 rather rambling and unclear emails from the wife of a friend. Apparently he was in a car crash but I don't know the extent of the injuries. It's bad enough that she's emailing me. All I can do is wait and see what happens. It isn't in the news; I looked at all the papers in their area, and it would've happened yesterday. So I don't know what to think. Except worry. I'm praying he's not gone. But that would've made the papers...

At the back of my brain is an insistant voice saying this all isn't true. I'm not even sure I should be putting this in my blog. And for the first time in my life I'm hoping this is all a sick and jealous joke Because I really don't want to lose that friend or any part of him. He is, at heart, a good guy. A tribesman. I'm sick to my stomach. Not that that's news.

Jesus Christ do I hate waiting for news.

No comments: